MSB Bullpen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MSB pitch forum. An idea farm, a concept warehouse. The next MSB classic starts here.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMSB

MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters Empty
PostSubject: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Marshfield Student Broadcasting (MSB) Student Guidelines and Parameters

If you have any doubts about your willingness and/or ability to commit yourself to this class/team (a role that will include significant periodic after-school time commitments), then you should find another way to earn 4 credits this year.

Due to the unique nature of this course, the role of a student within it requires an unusual mix of maturity, sound judgment, and trustworthiness. If you are unable to agree to every single entry listed below, or if you feel uncertain about your ability to abide by them at all times, you should immediately withdraw yourself from this course.

Guidelines and Parameters:

*        I will be in class, on-time, whenever my class/team is scheduled to meet. If I am going to be absent, or if I am going to be late [Telecom II only], I will call/text Shack’s cell phone (781-718-8141) to report my absence.

*        I WILL NOT TOUCH ANYTHING THAT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE OR CONTROL. This is especially critical in the studio and control room. If you’re not sure about how to do something, wait and ask.

*       I will treat teachers and my fellow students with respect at all times. I will be a person who my peers recognize as someone who respects any and all individual differences.

*       I will keep my hands to myself at all times in the MSB studio and will not engage in horseplay, as it creates a high-risk of accidental damage to expensive equipment all around our facilities.

*       I will not walk on the green screen area until I am trained on how to use it as the tool it is. I will never touch the wall area itself. I will never pretend it’s a skateboard ramp.

*       I understand that the nature of this course will leave me working, in many different circumstances, outside the direct supervision of a teacher. With that in mind, I pledge to always conduct myself in a manner that will be suitable even if Shack or Principal Keuther shows up unannounced to check in on me.

*       I know that I will have to film certain events after school and/or at night, sometimes even on weekends. If I sign up to film an event, I will be there. I will always be on-time, and I will behave professionally at all event filmings as a positive representative of the MSB program.

*       I will not press buttons on the lighting console, the switcher, or the cameras unless I know what I am doing.

*       I will not download any games, software, or outside material onto any MSB computer at any time for any reason.

*       I understand that the studio and control room have half a million dollars worth of equipment in those 2 rooms. Consequently, I will never bring food or drink in those areas. Period.

*       I will be ultra-sensitive of the learning environments around the school whenever I am filming a video outside the studio. I will take any and all necessary steps to ensure that my group is never a nuisance to other teachers, nor a distraction to students in other classes.

*       I will make sure that none of my projects include foul language of any kind; insults or derogatory comments about any individual person, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or gender; references to or performances of actual or simulated sex or drug use; acts of violence; use or display or any real or simulated weapons, or any other dangerous object, substance, or device; or any other component not listed above that would reasonably result in damage to the image or reputation of MHS, its staff, or its student body.

If you are confident that you can abide by all the guidelines and parameters listed above, please stick around and have a wonderful year working with us; however, if you have any doubts about your ability to adhere to even one of the items listed above, please leave class now to see your guidance counselor so you can find a better fit for your schedule.

Last edited by Shack on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:07 am

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:53 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 1:36 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters   MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters Empty

Back to top Go down

MSB Student Guidelines and Parameters
Page 1 of 1