The official MSB pitch forum. An idea farm, a concept warehouse. The next MSB classic starts here.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inMSB

Share | 
 

 Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:34 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Gym Grunts." So I was on the elliptical today minding my own business, mind you, and all I kept hearing were the ungodly grunts coming from behind me as the high school boys lifted weights. Oh guys, I didn't realize you were working out, could you please grunt a little louder when you lift that weight?? Then when your done with it, please I'm begging you, throw the metal weight right onto the hard floor so it makes that cringe-worthy metal-on-surface clang. This PSA idea is an over the top depiction of what it is like going to the gym. People huffing and coughing on treadmills, people throwing weights, people grunting as they lift, etc. It must be done in an over the top way though; everything is exaggerated.

 rofl  lol! 

Awesome. Your tone in the first half, in particular, of this pitch is so spot on; that's the tone you'd ideally like to capture with this piece. There is undoubtedly something brilliant here. Let's talk out the specifics of exactly how to put this together. You could end up with something fantastic for sure.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:39 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
Me and Sarah both have a crush on the same person, but we don't know that the other one does. I go to Katherine for advise and Sarah goes to Tyna for advise. Both Katherine and Tyna say the same thing: "Just laugh at his jokes, guys love when they think they are funny." So our "crush" is sitting at a table as me and Sarah both ironically come over and sit down at the same time. The camera zooms in on Katherine watching from afar eagerly, and then pans over to Tyna on the other side of the room doing the same thing. The crush says hi and we both nervously laugh. He starts talking about math homework and we laugh a little harder. He talks about walking his dog and me and Sarah's laughter escalates to an obnoxious level. We look at each other and laugh as loud as we can with an angry face on. The crush slowly gets up and inches away, absolutely terrified. The PSA ends with "This is Uncomfortable."


Tons of potential if you script this out well (a general script anyway). The planning and acting will be critical to make or break this piece, but if it's well acted, it can be very funny.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 am

Everyone is dressed in sports attire (there's like 10 of us) and we are all standing in the parking lot and "it's 7:07" or something close to 7:15 like that. There is one person wearing a ref shirt and he yells "READY, SET, GO" and blows the whistle and frantically waves a flag. There are obstacles along the way that prevent the 10 people from getting to school (i.e. a biology book, a bagged lunch, a meter stick) and everyone is "running as fast as they can." Whenever someone shoves another person, the ref appears outta no where, T's them up, and yells "YOURE OUTTA HERE!" The person that runs through the finish line first gets a paper with a giant A+ on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 pm

We do a cooking show, except it's not quite like any cooking show you have ever seen. We are making a meal that consists of foods that just do not blend well together. And they are also extremely easy to make because quite frankly, I cannot cook. For example, "On today's show, I'll be teaching you how to make a bowl of cereal, a root beer float, and a can of soup!!" Everything is over-the-top enthusiastic and people applaud in the background like they do in real cooking shows at the stupidest thing. "...And then you mix the eggs and the flour and th-" *crowd erupts with applause*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:20 pm

"The MHS Egg Hunt." The eggs are hidden in very obvious places, so the people looking for them are immediately taken aback. When someone finds an Easter egg and opens it, inside is an Easter themed question like what is the worst/best present the Easter bunny has ever brought you? We obviously plant the egg in a location that we are monitoring so that when people walk up to it and open it, we are able to catch them at close range. Also we must hop up to them to ask the question. And wear bunny ears and a festive bow tie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
Everyone is dressed in sports attire (there's like 10 of us) and we are all standing in the parking lot and "it's 7:07" or something close to 7:15 like that. There is one person wearing a ref shirt and he yells "READY, SET, GO" and blows the whistle and frantically waves a flag. There are obstacles along the way that prevent the 10 people from getting to school (i.e. a biology book, a bagged lunch, a meter stick) and everyone is "running as fast as they can." Whenever someone shoves another person, the ref appears outta no where, T's them up, and yells "YOURE OUTTA HERE!" The person that runs through the finish line first gets a paper with a giant A+ on it.

Fun if done right. Style and execution are ultra critical here. Detailed planning ahead of time would help the cause. Pretty high ceiling if you nail it, but pretty low floor if you don't. Oh, and the ending could be stronger. But I like the rest in general.

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:22 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
We do a cooking show, except it's not quite like any cooking show you have ever seen. We are making a meal that consists of foods that just do not blend well together. And they are also extremely easy to make because quite frankly, I cannot cook. For example, "On today's show, I'll be teaching you how to make a bowl of cereal, a root beer float, and a can of soup!!" Everything is over-the-top enthusiastic and people applaud in the background like they do in real cooking shows at the stupidest thing. "...And then you mix the eggs and the flour and th-" *crowd erupts with applause*

Lots of fun potential here. I'm down to discuss this one further and see what we can get planned out. I like the direction you're headed here.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"The MHS Egg Hunt." The eggs are hidden in very obvious places, so the people looking for them are immediately taken aback. When someone finds an Easter egg and opens it, inside is an Easter themed question like what is the worst/best present the Easter bunny has ever brought you? We obviously plant the egg in a location that we are monitoring so that when people walk up to it and open it, we are able to catch them at close range. Also we must hop up to them to ask the question. And wear bunny ears and a festive bow tie.

This could either totally work or totally bomb. Let's discuss it further to figure out which is more likely, and to set up success if we go for it.

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:40 am

"Hat of Doom." We pick from the hat of doom and some of the things to choose from are the cinnamon challenge, the gallon of milk challenge, and various other hardships. Whichever one we pick, we all do at the same time and we get it on camera. A highlight reel of events will be edited out showing our crazy reactions to the various challenges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Hat of Doom." We pick from the hat of doom and some of the things to choose from are the cinnamon challenge, the gallon of milk challenge, and various other hardships. Whichever one we pick, we all do at the same time and we get it on camera. A highlight reel of events will be edited out showing our crazy reactions to the various challenges.

Fun idea in theory, but there are tons of these sort of things we couldn't do for a school video. So we'd need to have extensive discussions about this before green-lighting anything on it.

PITCH: 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:43 pm

We gather test subjects from around the school to test the theories of Pepsi vs. Coke and Sierra Mist vs. Sprite. The test subjects state which they prefer and only the people recording know that the cup labeled A is Pepsi, the cup labeled B is Coke, the cup labeled C is Sierra Mist, and the cup labeled D is Sprite. The test subject tries both A and B and says which they prefer as a blind tase testing. Then they try the C and D drinks and do the same. The results are given as to if people really do have a preference or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
We gather test subjects from around the school to test the theories of Pepsi vs. Coke and Sierra Mist vs. Sprite. The test subjects state which they prefer and only the people recording know that the cup labeled A is Pepsi, the cup labeled B is Coke, the cup labeled C is Sierra Mist, and the cup labeled D is Sprite. The test subject tries both A and B and says which they prefer as a blind tase testing. Then they try the C and D drinks and do the same. The results are given as to if people really do have a preference or not.

Could be ok I suppose. I wonder if we'd have even more fun with it if our premise was exactly what you described, but we turned our tester into an idiot who mixed the Coke with Sprite (and refuses to acknowledge it, simply insists that the test subject has an unreliable palette). Just a thought.

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:11 am

Have you ever experienced an awkward quite like the one that ensues while opening a snack in a very very quite room? If you have not, than this is a informational psa for you. Everyone else is very relatable. We do a thought stream of someone while opening a bag of chips. They take it out of their backpack and think "Okay, easy does it." The bag crackles a little and someone shoots their glare back. "Okay only he heard. So far so good." They go to open it and everyone slowly pans their heads back towards the chip holder. "Okay well here goes nothing." They chew the chips as quietly as possibly, but as an effect very awkwardly. The class treats the situation as if they have never seen someone eat chips before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 am

"Keep Calm, It's Fourth Term." This is a pick-me-up short music video to the song "Happy". We go around the school and "clap along" because we feel happy that fourth term is finally here. Everyone we go up to in a happy mood catches our contagious feeling and by the end of the song, we have an entire crowd of people walking down the hall clapping to this song. The end text is "Stay Happy, It's Fourth Term." This is to get everyone out of the third term slump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
Have you ever experienced an awkward quite like the one that ensues while opening a snack in a very very quite room? If you have not, than this is a informational psa for you. Everyone else is very relatable. We do a thought stream of someone while opening a bag of chips. They take it out of their backpack and think "Okay, easy does it." The bag crackles a little and someone shoots their glare back. "Okay only he heard. So far so good." They go to open it and everyone slowly pans their heads back towards the chip holder. "Okay well here goes nothing." They chew the chips as quietly as possibly, but as an effect very awkwardly. The class treats the situation as if they have never seen someone eat chips before.

This can be good. Reminds me of our old "What I've Learned" bits, which I'd like to bring back soon. Check out the "Chips" one down near the bottom of the page at this link (and read the explanation at the top to get the gist of what the project was about):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Keep Calm, It's Fourth Term." This is a pick-me-up short music video to the song "Happy". We go around the school and "clap along" because we feel happy that fourth term is finally here. Everyone we go up to in a happy mood catches our contagious feeling and by the end of the song, we have an entire crowd of people walking down the hall clapping to this song. The end text is "Stay Happy, It's Fourth Term." This is to get everyone out of the third term slump.

Simple and solid. I'm down for it.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 am

Me, Sarah, Tyna, and Katherine are the four members of "Finding Bigfoot." Essentially we are looking for Bigfoot in the woods (this would be an at home project) and we are scanning the woods all day. We are making a spoof of the show so everything we do is absolutely ridiculous. We are trying SOOO hard to prove that Bigfoot is real. One person is in the background as the three others talk and the camera zooms in on them drawing on the ground. Then they yell "hey guys look over here!" It goes over to a giant drawn foot in the dirt. We are just a group of 4 people that have no idea what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
Me, Sarah, Tyna, and Katherine are the four members of "Finding Bigfoot." Essentially we are looking for Bigfoot in the woods (this would be an at home project) and we are scanning the woods all day. We are making a spoof of the show so everything we do is absolutely ridiculous. We are trying SOOO hard to prove that Bigfoot is real. One person is in the background as the three others talk and the camera zooms in on them drawing on the ground. Then they yell "hey guys look over here!" It goes over to a giant drawn foot in the dirt. We are just a group of 4 people that have no idea what we are doing.

Execution makes or breaks this one. High ceiling, low floor. It all depends on the execution. Feel free to give it a go though!

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 am

"Other Names For Foods." Sort of like a child would do, we go through many different foods and assign them different names. Spaghetti pops up on the screen and it's narrated as being "Wet Yellow Earthworms." Meatloaf is "horse vomit." Apples are "nature happiness." Milk is "mysterious liquid." Celery sticks are "dumb." Coffee is "high school student fuel." Chocolate cake is "directly-to-your-thighs." Etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:53 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Other Names For Foods." Sort of like a child would do, we go through many different foods and assign them different names. Spaghetti pops up on the screen and it's narrated as being "Wet Yellow Earthworms." Meatloaf is "horse vomit." Apples are "nature happiness." Milk is "mysterious liquid." Celery sticks are "dumb." Coffee is "high school student fuel." Chocolate cake is "directly-to-your-thighs." Etc, etc.

I don't really grasp the presentation of how we put this together as a narrative presentation, but it's a unique idea that seems to have interesting potential, so worth discussing further.

PITCH: 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 am

"The Rammy Awards." This is an award show for everyone at MHS, except instead of being called the Grammys, it's called the Rammys. The two hosts dress up nice like a regular host would, and we have a microphone and everything. Basically what we announce are superlatives, except they are for the whole school including teachers. Some examples are "Most Likely To Assign The Most Homework" and "The Student That is Oftentimes Late" and "Most Likely to be Seen at Gunther's." We add fake applause into the awards show and make it seem like a very cheesy spin-off of the real thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 am

"Need For Speed: Hallway Edition." Posted around the hallways are speed limits (like 2 mph or 3 mph in less condensed areas). Students are walking down the hall pretty quick to get to class on time and then a hallway monitor appears out of no where. "EXCUSE ME DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAST YOU WERE WALKING IN A 2 MPH ZONE??" Instead of license and registration, they ask for your license and hall pass. The person driving explains they were just trying to get to class on time. The "cop" asks the "driver" to walk in a straight line... The person is really shaky and cannot do the simple task. They explain frantically that they just took a math test. The "cop" is on the prowl for other "hallway speeders."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star


Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 am

Two people start having a conversation while eating. They have food in their mouths and they completely exaggerate what it sounds like to talk with food in their mouth. Under them, there's captions that describe what they are saying, but it sounds nothing like what they are actually saying. Then another person comes up with food in their mouth and continues talking. More people join the conversation and it gets to the point where everyone (like 6 people) are just talking with a mouthful of food. Super awkward. The ending text is "Don't Eat and Talk." Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:06 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"The Rammy Awards." This is an award show for everyone at MHS, except instead of being called the Grammys, it's called the Rammys. The two hosts dress up nice like a regular host would, and we have a microphone and everything. Basically what we announce are superlatives, except they are for the whole school including teachers. Some examples are "Most Likely To Assign The Most Homework" and "The Student That is Oftentimes Late" and "Most Likely to be Seen at Gunther's." We add fake applause into the awards show and make it seem like a very cheesy spin-off of the real thing.

This has fantastic potential, could be absolutely awesome if done right. But we should aim to do it next year, so we'd film it in the new auditorium. It has a very high ceiling though if we can nail it.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5554
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 42
Location : MarshVegas

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Need For Speed: Hallway Edition." Posted around the hallways are speed limits (like 2 mph or 3 mph in less condensed areas). Students are walking down the hall pretty quick to get to class on time and then a hallway monitor appears out of no where. "EXCUSE ME DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAST YOU WERE WALKING IN A 2 MPH ZONE??" Instead of license and registration, they ask for your license and hall pass. The person driving explains they were just trying to get to class on time. The "cop" asks the "driver" to walk in a straight line... The person is really shaky and cannot do the simple task. They explain frantically that they just took a math test. The "cop" is on the prowl for other "hallway speeders."

There are fun elements in here for sure, but the narrative details need refinement, and it all needs to tie together somehow (which it doesn't do effectively enough as it's currently pitched).

This could be something to revisit later and develop though.

PITCH: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread
» Eternal Dream Official "LOL Pictures" Thread
» Minecraft Screenshot Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MSB Bullpen :: Welcome to the MSB Bullpen :: MSB Telecom I & II Forum-
Jump to: