MSB Bullpen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official MSB pitch forum. An idea farm, a concept warehouse. The next MSB classic starts here.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMSB

Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:05 am

Thank you MHS Wifi... For doing the exact opposite thing wifi is supposed to do. You don't even let me open the App Store. THE APP STORE.
Back to top Go down
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:05 am

It's finally spring woo!!! So a few of the girls and I decide a picnic is in order! Who cares if it's 3 degrees? We go outside to the ram and lay a blanket down. We are all bundled up in warm clothes and are huddled together. While we are doing this, we're also talking about how awesome spring is and how we can't wait for all the flowers and how it means warm weather is upon us. At the same time, we'll get b-roll of the snow covered fields and the whipping winds. By the end, we'll be shaking and barely able to talk. Happy spring!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:23 pm

So I was just walking down the hall after school and my voice teacher goes "hey Colleen!!!" And I was like "...uhh. hi!!" I just pretended like my name was Colleen because I didn't want to say anything against it. So I have a psa that Sarah and I can introduce with Sarah going "Rachael you really need to get a backbone" and I'm like "what are you talking about? Everyone has a spine.." And she's like "no you need to stand up for yourself in awkward situations... You get too awkward" then it starts. Someone (probably Sarah) is walking down the hall and goes "Hey Jessica!!" And I freeze and think (voice over) "my names not Jessica" and then say hi anyway. Then I go to the rams den and Sarah is at the cash register and I get a bag of chips and she goes "that'll be $20" and I think again "huh maybe the economy is down, she must be right" then hand her a $20 bill. And so on with situations like entering doorways at the same time, parking spots, etc all with the other person being Sarah maybe wearing something different each time.
Back to top Go down
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:00 am

When I heard this song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it immediately planted an idea in my head. You know how when you're late for school, everything becomes an obstacle? There's little parking, people drive slow, you forget something, etc. I thought of making a psa that exemplifies all those things, except Sarah and I make it so obviously over the top. We drop our coffee, there are cones in the way, someone has a stand (like a lemonade stand) up while we are walking in with "Good Math Grades Sold Here" and we get distracted before looking at our watches. All with the slow mo, fast pace, inflection of this song. And obviously over the top faces and actions. Then we make it into school at 7:14, music stops. We just shrug and go "okay so we should probably wake up a little earlier." And walk away to class.
Back to top Go down
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 am

We do a field report from seniors and they give advice about what to do to prepare for senior year, taking the SATs, why they picked their college, and other little pointers to help some underclassmen out and give them insight into what their senior year will be like.
Back to top Go down
rmackinnon
League All-Star
League All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 am

I'm walking around in the morning with a horror stricken face on, and they is that stereotypical commercial music playing in the background. Two people lean in and whisper to each other, "I heard she took 3A to school this morning"
Then another pair goes "did you hear she took 3A this morning?" Again as I walk by like a horror stricken zombie, looking dead ahead.
"She hit all the potholes and her face got stuck like that"
Then it cuts to my car in slow motion hitting a pothole, then my face slowly morphing into the "I just hit a pothole face"

Idk, doesn't everyone have a "I just hit a pothole" face? 3A is brutal. This psa is also bizarre .
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:22 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
"Brave MHS Version." [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I saw this skit on SNL last Saturday and immediately thought that it would be very fun to create and doable for us. We can tailor it to MHS things though, like "Will you carry me up the Rexhame Staircase?" and the response will be "ya know what? No. I won't. I'm done giving you piggy backs up this godforsaken stairway." Then "Brave" starts playing and they are running up the stairs by themselves. If we can get Linsky or Ms. Marples to join in, we can have someone walking out with a book and they stop them and say "That is the last time you steal a book out of here" then start laughing and dancing and high five each other. Same for asking other students about copying homework and stealing parking spots in the parking lot.

M9

I'm so confused. The reference video link doesn't work anymore, and I'm lost by the description here. I need further explanation in person, but I trust your judgement, so you get your credit.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shack3000.wordpress.com/
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:22 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
We do a "before" and we are walking down the hall in slinger and the screen is black and white. Then a VoiceOver says "now you can walk the halls with style featuring: Keuther's playlist!!!" (We'll have to ask him if that's fine cuz I don't know if he'll be insulted or not). But then the VoiceOver will say "call know and you'll get 4, count em, 4 songs!!" "Featuring: the piano man!! (A scene of us walking with style down the halls to piano man), Magic!!! (Another scene), Year 3000!!!! (Another scene), and Good Life!!!!!(another scene)." Call and get your 4-song playlist today! So you too can walk the hallways with style!!

M11

Very funny, but a pass, due to the impending offense bound to be taken.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:23 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
Thank you March.... For always keeping me on my toes. Should I wear my parka? Perhaps a light jacket? No jacket at all? Galoshes? Not rain boots, but galoshes? Snow pants? I live for the thrill, March.

M13

Solid entry here.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:23 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
So since prom is coming up, and Sarah and I have copious amounts of experience with prom since we went last year, we are basically experts on hair and makeup. We do a walk-through, step by step, tutorial on hair and makeup styles, and trends that are hot for 2015. It's easy to see right off the bat that we really have no idea what we are doing with makeup. We put blush on where foundation is supposed to go and quickly just like rub it off and explain what we are doing. We take the mascara wand and go "so this is probably eyeliner cuz it has the eyeliner-like shape" and by the end of the video we look somewhat similar to circus clowns and we say "now you know how to look fab on prom day!"

M17

I like this a lot if you can nail the details and execution.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

rmackinnon wrote:
Thank you MHS Wifi... For doing the exact opposite thing wifi is supposed to do. You don't even let me open the App Store. THE APP STORE.

M19

Too true. The punchline kind of isn't really a punchline, but it might work anyway just based on how topical the issue is.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

rmackinnon wrote:
It's finally spring woo!!! So a few of the girls and I decide a picnic is in order! Who cares if it's 3 degrees? We go outside to the ram and lay a blanket down. We are all bundled up in warm clothes and are huddled together. While we are doing this, we're also talking about how awesome spring is and how we can't wait for all the flowers and how it means warm weather is upon us. At the same time, we'll get b-roll of the snow covered fields and the whipping winds. By the end, we'll be shaking and barely able to talk. Happy spring!!!!!!

M23

Not a super high ceiling, but still potentially decent enough to make it worth doing if the execution is sharp. But at this point we seem to be moving past that window thankfully.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
So I was just walking down the hall after school and my voice teacher goes "hey Colleen!!!" And I was like "...uhh. hi!!" I just pretended like my name was Colleen because I didn't want to say anything against it. So I have a psa that Sarah and I can introduce with Sarah going "Rachael you really need to get a backbone" and I'm like "what are you talking about? Everyone has a spine.." And she's like "no you need to stand up for yourself in awkward situations... You get too awkward" then it starts. Someone (probably Sarah) is walking down the hall and goes "Hey Jessica!!" And I freeze and think (voice over) "my names not Jessica" and then say hi anyway. Then I go to the rams den and Sarah is at the cash register and I get a bag of chips and she goes "that'll be $20" and I think again "huh maybe the economy is down, she must be right" then hand her a $20 bill. And so on with situations like entering doorways at the same time, parking spots, etc all with the other person being Sarah maybe wearing something different each time.

M25

Details can use further discussion here, but it's a concept I can see turning into a strong final product with further brainstorming.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm

M27: 0
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

rmackinnon wrote:
When I heard this song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it immediately planted an idea in my head. You know how when you're late for school, everything becomes an obstacle? There's little parking, people drive slow, you forget something, etc. I thought of making a psa that exemplifies all those things, except Sarah and I make it so obviously over the top. We drop our coffee, there are cones in the way, someone has a stand (like a lemonade stand) up while we are walking in with "Good Math Grades Sold Here" and we get distracted before looking at our watches. All with the slow mo, fast pace, inflection of this song. And obviously over the top faces and actions. Then we make it into school at 7:14, music stops. We just shrug and go "okay so we should probably wake up a little earlier." And walk away to class.

M31

High ceiling if you can get it right. I'm not sure the end is spot on though, feels like an underwhelming payoff, worth discussing that some more.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
We do a field report from seniors and they give advice about what to do to prepare for senior year, taking the SATs, why they picked their college, and other little pointers to help some underclassmen out and give them insight into what their senior year will be like.

A2

Excellent, I like it, do this.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 pm

rmackinnon wrote:
I'm walking around in the morning with a horror stricken face on, and they is that stereotypical commercial music playing in the background. Two people lean in and whisper to each other, "I heard she took 3A to school this morning"
Then another pair goes "did you hear she took 3A this morning?" Again as I walk by like a horror stricken zombie, looking dead ahead.
"She hit all the potholes and her face got stuck like that"
Then it cuts to my car in slow motion hitting a pothole, then my face slowly morphing into the "I just hit a pothole face"

Idk, doesn't everyone have a "I just hit a pothole" face? 3A is brutal. This psa is also bizarre .

+1

It's weird, but I kind of like it. I'd go for some of your other ideas ahead of it, but I still dig it.

Back to top Go down
Shack
Admin
Admin
Shack

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:02 pm

You are done with homework pitches. Congratulations. Feel free to produce some of your accumulated ideas in your final term of Telecom. You are welcome to continue posting on your pitch thread as a place to keep ideas you don't want to lose track of, but they will no longer be scored from this point forward.

We still want and need PSA content for the show as we close out our 4th term shows, but whenever you are not working actively on a video project, your best contributions to the program will likely be made by gathering footage for the senior video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread   Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rachael MacKinnon pitch thread
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8